Diesel Technician III
Dotted Line Oversight For:
Owns advanced mechanic activities. Assists with diagnostics.
- ADVANCED MECHANIC ACTIVITIES (60%)
- Clutch/suspension replacement and fix drivelines.
- Repair multiple systems (cooling, oil, DPF).
- Perform minor engine repair.
- Perform DOT inspections.
- DIAGNOSTICS (25%)
- Assist Lead Tech with system and vehicle diagnostics.
- Support other Technicians as needed with diagnostics.
- RECORDS MAINTENANCE (10%)
- Maintain job records of parts inventory and serviced vehicles.
- SHOP CLEANING (5%)
- Pickup and organize tools & equipment.
- Sweep/clean floors after job completion.
- Dispose of waste/used products (oil, antifreeze, steel, etc.).
- Consistent practice of advanced mechanic tasks.
- Increased skills through training of other mechanics.
- Demonstrated ability in mechanic activities (basic & advanced)
- Clean driving record & CDL.
- Personal tool inventory
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use a tablet device
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals and electrical schematics
- Ability to lift 75lbs and walk 10,000 steps per day on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated competencies with welding/fabrication
- Demonstrated experience with system and/or vehicle diagnostics