Delivery Transport Driver – AG Sales & Service
JOB SUMMARY: Operate commercial motor vehicle to transport tractors and other pieces of agricultural equipment to and from McFarlane Ag Products Retail Service Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Driver is responsible for picking up and/ or delivering tractors on flat bed trailers, with availability for flexible, overtime hours which includes evenings and Saturday deliveries and occasional overnight trips.
- Basic knowledge of agricultural equipment operation.
- Pick-up and delivery of tractors or other agricultural equipment.
- Reports promptly any delays that will affect pick-up or delivery appointments.
- Ensure customer’s needs are met and completed in a timely fashion while operating in safe manner.
- Collection of payment for deliveries made.
- Assist with coordination of schedule for hauling of equipment if necessary.
- Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure; check shipping papers to determine nature of load and any special hazards, and check load itself and methods of securing it; chain strapping and tarping loads as needed.
- Operate vehicle in compliance with all company rules and all applicable state and federal regulations, and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving; maintain trip records as required, including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, etc.
- Proper use and care of all equipment assigned to him/her for the performance of his/her duties.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a Class A CDL
- Verifiable Previous 3-years Driving Employment History
- Clean motor vehicle record and insurable under McFarlanes’ insurance.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to meet DOT Qualifications.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures, leading by example. Subject to 49 CFR 391.41. Driver must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor. Driver must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary. Able to lift 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Competitive benefits package offered includes group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlane Retail Service Center, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI; mail resume to P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com