Truck Driver/ OTR Driver
JOB SUMMARY: To operate commercial motor vehicle to transport freight in inter or intra state commerce between terminals and relay stations or from home terminal to distant point(s) and returns.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Truck Driver is responsible for hauling McFarlane products to their destination on flat bed trailers and double drop trailers.
1. Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure and incrementally throughout trip.
2. Check shipping papers to determine nature of load and any special hazards, and check load itself and methods of securing it.
3. Operate vehicle in compliance with company rules and all applicable state and federal regulations, and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving.
4. Deliver freight to consignees, including oversized loads with specific permit instructions, using common sense and consideration to unique job sites and related constraints.
5. Pick up freight as required.
6. Load and unload freight as required.
7. Collect freight charges as instructed per McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center.
8. Chaining strapping and tarping loads as needed.
9. Perform other related work as required.
10. The brakes of highway trucks shall be set and wheel chocks placed under the rear wheels to prevent the trucks from rolling while they are boarded with powered industrial trucks.
11. Report all accidents, incidents of equipment damage involving driver or company equipment.
12. Maintain trip records as required.
13. Maintain for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, etc., utilizing e-log in addition to paper log as needed.
14. Proper use and care of all equipment assigned to him/her for the performance of his/her duties.
15. Reports promptly any delays that will affect pick up or delivery appointments.
16. Other duties as assigned.
17. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. HS Diploma or equivalent.
2. Class A CDL with minimum 1-year continuous current driving record. Verifiable Previous 3-years Driving Employment History with clean MVR.
3. Ability to meet DOT 49 CFR 391.41 Requirements/ Qualifications.
4. Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
5. Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
6. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
7. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
49 CFR 391.41 (if Applicable); Driver must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor; Driver must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections; Must wear safety glasses while in the factory; Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures, leading by example.
Compensation based upon experience. Competitive benefits package offered includes group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlane Retail Service Center, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City,