News Release: 8/26/2019
WisDOT held a public involvement meeting on the US 12 Wisconsin River Bridge in Sauk City last week. The project is designed to prolong the lifespan of the existing bridge. The most recent inspection indicated deterioration in the steel expansion joints and steel bearing plates. In addition to prolonging the lifespan of the bridge, the epoxy/aggregate overlay will improve the safety by increasing friction between vehicles and the roadway, preventing skidding during inclement weather. Please note the following:
- Construction is scheduled to start Tuesday, September 3rd.
- The bridge will be open, but only one lane of traffic each way.
- The lanes will be only 11' wide during construction.
- Motorists can expect delays.
- Traffic will be detoured onto State Road 188 to the bridge in Prairie du Sac.
- 2nd phase of construction will resume in the Spring of 2020.
- The local contact for this project is Terry Weiss and he can be reached at 608-228-1694.