Open House at Harrisburg-Troy Historical School
Come visit and tour our one room school house. You will be surprised how beautiful and real looking it is once you enter. We also have a Farm Museum with antique farm equipment and a Farm Kitchen from long ago. You will be pleasantly surprised when you see it all.
Fun facts about the Harrisburg-Troy Historical School
- HARRISBURG SCHOOL DISTRICT NO THREE 36x28x14 feet was erected in 1892 for a cost of $885.
- The school closed in May of 1955 and became part of the consolidated Black Hawk School.
- In 2001 interest in restoring the school for historic places became a reality.
- Harrisburg-Troy Historical Society Inc. was organized in 2007.
- Sauk County Historical Site 2011
- Wisconsin Register of Historic Places 2014
- National Register of Historic Places 2015
- One Room School National Registry 2023
Heritage Museum is adjacent to the school.
HERITAGE MUSEUM was added in 1995 and includes tools and implements that would have been used by farmers in an earlier era and a Farm Kitchen.
Greeters will be present at each OPEN HOUSE. Come see and enjoy the experience at the Harrisburg-Troy Historical School!
Date and Time
Sunday May 28, 2023
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM CDT
Sauk County, Town of Troy, E7646 Co. Hwy. B, Spring Green, WI 53588
Ruth Lohr, 608-225-8477