Sauk Prairie FFA Alumni & Supporters
Non Profit Organizations
The Sauk Prairie Agricultural Education Department was started as two separate programs in the 1920’s. The Sauk Prairie Area had two separate high schools; Sauk City High School and Prairie du Sac High School. Each school had an Agricultural Education Program. It is known that the Prairie du Sac Future Farmers of America club was one of the first established in the state of Wisconsin. The charter date for this chapter was October 26, 1929. The charter date for the Sauk City Future Farmers of America club is currently unknown. In the 1960’s when the schools combined into one, so too did the Agriculture Programs. For the first year, the two Future Farmers of America clubs retained their independence, but one year later they combined and the Sauk Prairie FFA was formed. In 1988, along with the National Future Farmers of America, the Sauk Prairie Future Farmers of America changed its name to Sauk Prairie FFA.
Today, Sauk Prairie High School has a student population of 800+ students, in which 140 of them are enrolled in the Agricultural Education Program and the FFA chapter. A 100+-member FFA Alumni organization sponsors fundraisers and community events to help send FFA members to conventions, conferences, and competitions. This group also helps provide funding to enhance the Agricultural Education Program facilities. In addition, an Advisory Council exists to provide community support for agricultural education and to offer guidance and feedback about updating agricultural courses, curriculum, and technology.