Want to Increase Employee Loyalty? Be a Good Manager!
According to GBS Corporate Training, good management is critical for building employee loyalty. Remember the saying, “People leave managers, not companies”? According to research by Gallup, 70% of an employee’s motivation is influenced by their manager. More than half of workers describe themselves as “not engaged” and another 13% are “actively disengaged”. Basically, these employees show up, do some work, and go home. If a better offer presents itself, these employees will probably leave. The most influential factor in employee engagement and performance is the employee-supervisor relationship. The only thing that can stop a high employee turnover is encouraging more company loyalty in your employees. Give employees a reason to stay! To read the full article on employee loyalty, click here.
10 tips to help you nurture loyal employees
- Strong leadership inspires strong loyalty
- Connect with your staff
- Show you trust your employees
- Provide honest feedback and two-way communication
- Develop a millennial mindset
- Reward your employees appropriately
- Remove unnecessary uncertainty
- Be fair and neutral
- Be supportive and show you genuinely care
- Offer training and development